Full Pint 06-2022
- Wesley’s Notebook - I have been enjoying reading some of the blog posts here.
- Vim 9.0 - New version of Vim released.
- [TUHS] Re: forgotten versions - TUHS - www.tuhs.org - AT&T lawyer stopped Plan 9 release CD with songs by Lou Reed, Debbie Harry
- Record-Breaking Voyager Spacecraft Begin to Power Down - Scientific American
- Firefox Rolls Out Total Cookie Protection By Default To All Users - Stop using Chrome.
- Justin Roiland on Twitter: "Hey just wanted to thank @Dropbox for deleting my account and apparently all of my files for some secret TOS I violated. Thanks @Dropbox ! It’s not like I’m working on anything." / Twitter - And this is an example of why I do not use Dropbox. Privacy matters.
- flarum/flarum: Simple forum software for building great communities. - Love the user interface to this forum. I used to run several forums with various software.
- About this book - Learn Haskell by building a blog generator
- EndBASIC - BASIC reimagined
- Apple announces new flagship M2 processor - When the M2 is added to the Mac Mini I will upgrade. I am still blown away with what I can do with this Mac Mini M1 with no slowdown.
- Gloucester cheese rolling returns after pandemic - BBC News - After a two-year pandemic pause, competitors from around the world once again hurled themselves down a hill for the glory of becoming the cheese champion by capturing the cheese wheel, which can roll at speeds up to 70 mph.
- Code bloat has become astronomical – Cliffski's Blog - I started complaining about this 20 years ago. It is part of the reason I write my own blogging software. I recently toyed with Wordpress, which the author uses, I get it, there can be nothing to maintain. But Wordpress is a bloated ugly piece of software.
- Drivey.js - GL on Wheels - Based on Mark Pursey's drivey. I have a photo of my son playing it when he was 3 or 4 years old on a square monitor. My son is 20 now. No idea if Mark has a blog anymore, I used to enjoy reading his posts and messing with his software. JujuEdit anyone?
- Finger: The First Social Software - Inspired one of the titles I used on a early blog. I called it my dot plan.
- The Murena One shows how hard it is to de-Google your smartphone - The Verge - This is why I just use an iPhone. Apple is not perfect and neither is the iPhone, but it is the best thing available that respects some privacy.
- Open Source Alternatives to Proprietary Software
- explainshell.com - match command-line arguments to their help text
- Calendar.txt - I like the idea, I already do something similar with my vimwiki and text file method. This might work for others looking to use text files.
- The Yesterweb - Reclaiming the Internet - Browsing the Link Directory is like a fun trip back in time, but it is just indieweb goodness.
- CBS Evening News on the Pioneer 10 ( 6-10-1983) : space - You’re an interesting species, an interesting mix. You’re capable of such beautiful dreams and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, and so alone.
- firefly-iii/firefly-iii: Firefly III: a personal finances manager