Full Pint 07-2022
- The Inspiration Behind Mattel’s Handheld D&D Game – Pad and Pixel - I received this game for Christmas in the early 80s and I loved it. Played it and killed the dragon many times.
- Microsoft's Windows OS loses 17% of its market share in the last 10 years - StockApps - I see this trend continuing, all four of my kids use Macs and have been exposed to Linux desktops. My younger daughters have only used Linux and MacOS and iPads in school. Older users like my retired neighbor and business is who keeps going back to Windows. My son and I each have Windows gaming computers, but that is all we use them for.
- Search My Site - Open source search engine and search as a service for personal and independent websites - I am directing my blog search link to searchmysite.net now. I do not recall ever adding my website, but it is there and appears to be fully crawled. I like the vibe and the reference to indieweb and I love that it crawls regularly and does not get results from the big corporations. Using a simple link like I did to others in the past but might play with the API down the road.
- Down the memory lane with OS/2 - Julio Merino (jmmv.dev) - For a year or two in the early to mid 90s my work PC ran OS/2. I do not remember the exact version, but I so fell in love with the Model M keyboard connected to it, that I asked to keep it when getting a new PC and I still own that Model M Keyboard to this day.
- The Home Computer Generation | datagubbe.se - I fully agree with everything written in this post. I also think for a while, particularly Windows computers lacked the ability to write programs without purchasing additional software. There was a period and maybe still so, that a computer is just Office and a web browser to most users.
- Scoop: VW turns to electric Scout brand to win back Americans - Interesting, wonder if my 2014 Toyota Tacoma can last until this vehicle comes to market?
- irongeek - Codeberg.org - Actually going to start putting some of my code online, but at codeberg instead of github.
- 1MB Club: A collection of websites weighing in less than 1MB - Want to find some really great we content. Spend some time just surfing to the sites listed in the 1MB Club.
- prose.sh -- a blog platform for hackers - Setup your own blog with some ssh.
- Your Adventure Ends Here - Blogging playthroughs of choose your own adventure books. This is the kind of gold that is fun to find on the web.
- Releases · jeena/TextEd.app
- Opinion | What's in the James Webb space telescope photos? We can explain. - The Washington Post
- It's 1997 and you want to build a website - The History of the Web
- jaromaz/MacintoshPi: A small project that allows running full-screen versions of Apple's Mac OS 7, Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 9 with sound, active online connection and modem emulation under Raspberry Pi.
- wibyweb/wiby: Wiby Search Engine - Install your own Wiby Search Engine with your own crawler.
- MWMBL - Search - Donation model search engine. Tried their Firefox plugin to help their crawler, an absolute network and CPU pig, uninstalled. Also will not use a search engine that does not list irongeek.net in it's results. I will check in with them in the future.
- Git from the Bottom Up