Full Pint 08-2023
- Google’s Surveillance: The Shocking Truth – Simplified Privacy
- Sun Ray Thin Clients Pt2: Actually Using Them - YouTube
- ProtonMail Complied with 5,957 Data Requests in 2022 – Still Secure and Private? | Hacker News - If you read the article and the comments, you can see that once again ProtonMail is the best thing out there doing the best they can to protect privacy. And as these cases prove, your emails are safe on their servers. Additionally, all the uninformed critics who do not read their terms of service and the article are informed by ProtonMail in the comments. The poor information that gets spouted in Hacker News comments are just as bad as any web forum on the internet.
- Hacker News Recap - AI generated daily podcast.
- How NASA Nearly Lost the Voyager 2 Spacecraft Forever | WIRED - I grew up with these space craft. I am only 6 years older than they are and I vividly remember seeing the images of the planets they sent back to Earth when I was in grade school.
- Internet Speed Test - Measure Network Performance | Cloudflare - This might be the coolest internet speed test I have seen.
- The Fear Of AI Just Killed A Very Useful Tool | Techdirt - Shame on the authors who screamed about something they apparently could not understand.
- Rest in peace Bram Moolenaar, author of Vim and hero of many developers | Ars Technica - My editor of choice.
- Happy 30th, FreeBSD! Why The FreeBSD Open Source Project Has Endured - aster.cloud
- Voyager 2: Communication Reestablished With One Big Shout | Hackaday
- Netscape Meteors